RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions Chapter 13 Solutions
RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 13 – Time and Work PDF
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths Solutions Chapter-wise – Free PDF Download
The best experts in the field put together the RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions Chapter 13 “Time and Work” for your use. These RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions will help you understand how to figure out how much work was done and how long it took. In these solutions, you will also find the very popular topic of “pipes and cisterns.” There are 36 questions in 2 exercises in the chapter.
Quantitative Aptitude has a big part in time and work. Exams like the CAT, JEE, SSC, and bank entrance exams always have these kinds of questions. Because of this, it is very important for you to fully understand these ideas. The questions about time and work are very hard, and you can’t make even one mistake in your calculations. So, the more you practice, the better you get.
Our subject matter experts have solved all the exercises in Chapter 13 “Time and Work” of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions so that you can learn faster, better, and more easily. These solutions explain how to solve the problems step by step and use simple language so that you don’t get confused. We’ve also given shortcuts, tips, and tricks for quickly solving these kinds of problems on competitive exams.
Utopper is a website where students can get free Reference Book Solutions and other study materials like Revision notes, Sample papers, and Important Question class 8. Science and Maths will be easier to learn if you have access to RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 and solutions for other courses.
Click Here – To Buy/Purchase RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions Online
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions Chapter 13 – Time and Work
RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions
Chapter-1 Rational Numbers
Chapter-3 Squares and Square Roots
Chapter-4 Cubes and Cube Roots
Chapter-5 Playing with Numbers
Chapter-6 Operations on Algebraic Expressions
Chapter-8 Linear Equations
Chapter-10 Profit and Loss
Chapter-11 Compound Interest
Chapter-12 Direct and Inverse Proportions
Chapter-13 Time and Work
Chapter-17 Construction of Quadrilaterals
Chapter-18 Area of a Trapezium and a Polygon
Chapter-19 Three-Dimensional Figures
Chapter-20 Volume and Surface Area of Solids
Chapter-21 Data Handling
Chapter-22 Constructing and Interpreting Bar Graphs
Chapter-23 Pie Charts
Time and work are important for RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions Chapter 13
Time and Work
- Every job needs a certain amount of time and a certain number of workers, or people who will do the job.
- For example, when we say that ten people need five days to paint a house. In this case, it takes 5 days, 10 people are involved, and the work done is painting the house.
- Most of the time, we count 1 unit of work. This topic is a continuation of what you learned in the last chapter of the RS Aggarwal Class 8 Maths book about direct and inverse proportion.
- If Y can finish a job in Z days, then in one day, Y finishes 1Z of the job.
- In the same way, if Y can finish 1Z% of the whole job in 1 day, Y would finish the whole job in Z days.
- If two people, X and Y, can finish a job in W days and Z days, respectively. Then, if they worked together, they could finish the job in (WZW+Z) days.
- If X is A times more efficient than Y, then X would finish a job in (1X)th of the time it takes Y.
- These are two very important ideas when it comes to time and work.
- If the amount of work done stays the same, then the time it takes to do the work is the opposite of how well it gets done.
- This means that as the time it takes to do work goes up, the work gets done less quickly, and vice versa.
- Effectiveness = 1 time
Pipes and Cisterns
Pipes and cisterns is a well-known example of how time and work done can be used together. You need to know that the questions will ask about two different kinds of pipes.
- A pipe called an “inlet” lets water into a tank or container.
- There is a pipe called an Outlet that lets water leave the tank or container.
- If a pipe can fill a tank in “A” hours, then it can fill (1A)th of the tank in “A” hours.
- In the same way, if a pipe can empty a tank in “A” hours, then it will empty (1A)th of the tank in one hour.
Rate of Filling
This idea has something to do with pipes and cisterns. The rate at which a tank or container fills is the opposite of how long it takes for the pipe to fill it. For example, if one pipe can fill a tank in 20 hours and another pipe can fill the same tank in 10 hours, then the rate at which the first pipe fills the tank is faster than the rate at which the second pipe fills the tank.
Chapter 13 of RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions is about time and work.
- There are two exercises in the RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 8 Chapter 13 book. Exercise 13A comprises 19 questions. There are questions about pipes and cisterns, as well as work that has been done. To figure out how to answer these questions right, you need to study the formulas above.
- Exercise 13B has 17 questions. They are also based on the same ideas, but they require a bit more advanced thinking. There are also questions about how well the work is done in this exercise.
- You need to pay close attention to these questions because the calculations can be common. Also, it is not easy to figure out how to solve the word problems in these questions at first.
FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )
1. What is the basic idea of time and work?
Ans – If you look at the RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions for Time and Work, you will see that it is based on inverse proportionality. When there are more people working, it takes less time to finish a job. One can understand this idea of time and work by looking at the RS Aggarwal Class 8 Solutions offered by Utopper, the largest online educator in India. These solutions are made by subject experts at Utopper. Because it was made by experts, this reference module is the best.
2. What are the most important things that chapter 13 time and work talks about?
Ans – Time and work are two important topics that are talked about in Chapter 13.
- Work Done is the time it took to do the work times the rate of work.
- Efficiency: If the amount of work done stays the same, it’s the opposite of how long it takes.
- Pipes and Cisterns: There are two kinds of pipes: those that go in and those that go out.
- Rate of Filling: This is how fast the pipes are being filled.
With the help of RS Aggarwal Class 8 solutions of chapter 13 time and work, students can easily understand all of these important topics.
3. Explain efficiency as in Chapter 13 on time and work.
Ans – Chapter 13 on time and work talks a lot about how to be more efficient. If the amount of work done stays the same, then efficiency is the opposite of how long it takes to do the same amount of work. If it takes more time to do the work, it takes less time to do the work, and vice versa. All of these ideas are explained in detail in the study guides that Utopper gives to students who use RS Aggarwal class 8 books.