Ncert Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Light Shadows and Reflection
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Light Shadows and Reflection covers the concept of opacity, transparent objects, the formation of shadows, concepts of reflection, forming pinhole cameras and mirrors, and their uses. These Utopper’s Ncert Solutions help students who want to get good grades on exams.
Class 6 Ncert Solutions have been provided by the most knowledgeable teachers. When solving the questions and creating the NCERT solutions for class 6 Science, a very straightforward method was used. Students will find it very simple to comprehend the problems and how to solve them.
On Utopper.com, you can also practice Important Questions for Class 6 Science. In addition to knowing the topics, pupils must prepare appropriately for their Class 6 CBSE examinations. Utopper has provided them with NCERT Solutions to aid in their study.
Topics covered in Class 6 Science Chapter 11:-
- What are the Sources of Light?
- Transparent, Translucent, and Opaque
- Formation of Shadows
- Various Sizes of Shadows
- Propagation of Light
- Reflection of Surfaces
The Central Board of Secondary Education-mandated NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science provide exhaustive explanations for every question in the NCERT textbooks. Utopper provides chapter-by-chapter NCERT Class 6 Science Solutions to assist students in resolving their questions by providing a comprehensive understanding of the concepts. These materials, including NCERT Solutions, are available in PDF format, allowing students to download them and study offline.
Class 6 Ncert Solutions for Science Chapter 11 Download Free PDFs
Ncert Solutions Class 6 Science Chapter 11 Light Shadows and Reflection were made by Utopper’s Science teachers with a lot of experience for Class 6 students. You will first learn about transparent, translucent, and opaque objects in this chapter. This chapter also covers the ideas of shadows, pinhole cameras, mirrors, and reflections.
Topics of Class 6 Science Chapter 11 – Light Shadows and Reflection
What are the Sources of Light?
There are two light sources. These things:
- Luminous: It is a body that shines a light on its own. It can be found in nature or made in a lab. Some examples are the sun, an electric bulb, and so on.
- Non-Luminous: A body that can’t give off light on its own. These bodies only show us what we can already see. Some examples are the Moon, mirrors, and so on.
Follow the NCERT Science Class 6 Chapter 11 solutions to learn more about luminous and non-luminous things and what they mean.
Transparent, Translucent, and Opaque
- Transparent: An object is said to be transparent if light can pass through it. Water, glass, etc., are a few examples.
- Translucent: An object is called “translucent” if a light source can see through it partially. Butter paper, frosted glass, and other things are a few examples.
- Opaque: If a light source can’t get through an object at all, the object is said to be opaque. Some examples are the Earth, wood, and so on.
- The NCERT Science Book Class 6 Chapter 11 solutions give a thorough look at what it means for something to be transparent, translucent, or opaque.
Formation of Shadows
When something dark blocks a light source, it makes a shadow. The shadow is made by the side of the object that faces away from the sun (the darker side). The size of a shadow is based on how far away a light source is from an opaque object. The angle of the light is also very important. When it comes to shadow lessons, the NCERT Solutions of Class 6 Science Chapter 11 have put together lessons that are both interesting and appealing. Students in Class 6 can get more ideas and concepts from the sources that can be downloaded.
Various Sizes of Shadows
- When the light source gets closer to the dark object, the shadow tends to get bigger. On the other hand, the size gets smaller as the light source moves away from the object.
- A transparent object’s shadow can only be seen when it falls on a screen. This includes the ground, the walls of a room, and any other surface that can act as a barrier.
- The object’s shadow can sometimes tell you a lot about it.
- The color of an opaque object can’t change the color of a shadow, which is always black.
Propagation of Light
The fact that light moves in a straight line is called “rectilinear propagation of light.” When this idea is shown in different ways, such as in the NCERT solution for Class 6 Science Chapter 11 notes, two important words are used. A Beam of Light and a Ray of Light are two of these.
- A beam of Light: When a group of light rays moves in one direction.
- Ray of Light: It is the path that light takes to go in a certain direction.
Reflection of Surfaces
People say that when light bounces off a surface, it reflects. Now, the way something reflects depends on what it is made of. When a light source hits a surface with angles, the parallel beam of light reflects in different directions because of the angles. We call this “diffused reflection.”
If the same thing happens on a smooth surface, the parallel beam of light will always reflect in the same direction, depending on the angle of light. This is called a picture. When we look at Ourselves in a Mirror is a great example.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapterwise
The NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Science questions match the following, fill in the blanks, and long-answer questions are given in pdf, which will help students learn how to solve problems. This NCERT Solution will help you learn more about the topic, which will give you a strong base for your future studies. Students should study these answers carefully so they can get the most out of these study tools.
Ncert Solutions For Class 6 Science
The following are chapter-by-chapter NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science. These solutions are offered in detail by the Science specialists at Utopper. Examine these chapter-by-chapter solutions to properly understand the ideas.
If you click on the name of the chapter whose solutions you wish to view, you will be taken to the page for that chapter. Then, you can review the detailed, step-by-step CBSE 6th-grade science questions and answers for every single question in that chapter.
There are 16 science chapters that will be studied in class 6. The following are the chapter titles:
- Chapter 1 Food Where Does It Come From
- Chapter 2 Components of Food
- Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 Sorting Materials Into Groups
- Chapter 5 Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6 Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8 Body Movements
- Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
- Chapter 10 Motion and Measurement of Distances
- Chapter 11 Light Shadows and Reflection
- Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13 Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14 Water
- Chapter 15 Air Around Us
- Chapter 16 Garbage In Garbage Out
Some Important Chapters Present in the NCERT Class 6 Science Solutions
Chapter 1 Food: Where does it come from? : This chapter discusses Food Variety, Food Materials and Sources, Plant Parts and Animal Products as Food, and What Animals Eat. There are exercises covering each of these areas.
Chapter 2 Components of Food: There are four activities in this chapter. You will get knowledge regarding nutrients, a balanced diet, etc. While preparing, practice all the exercise questions and follow the solutions.
Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric: In this chapter, there are 6 exercises. You will learn about the various types of fabrics, Fibre, Plant Fibres, Spinning Cotton Yarn, Yarn to Fabric, and Clothing Material History.
Chapter 4 Sorting materials into groups: This chapter covers important topics like Objects Around Us, Properties of Materials, Appearance, Hardness, Opacity, Solubility, and Buoyancy.
Chapter 5 Separation of Substances: The fifth chapter of Class 6 NCERT covers concepts such as separation techniques, winnowing, sieving, threshing, sedimentation, filtering, evaporation, and decantation. You can use the exercise solutions as a quick reference to comprehend the difficult concepts.
Chapter 6 Changes Around Us: In this chapter, you will study several typical changes, as well as whether changes may be reversed, evaporation, contraction, melting, and expansion.
Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants: You will learn about plants, such as herbs, shrubs, trees, stem, leaf, flower, root, and venation.
Chapter 8 Body Movements: This chapter is mostly about how the human body moves. You will learn about different types of joints, such as pivotal joints, hinge joints, ball-and-socket joints, and fixed joints.
Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings: This chapter talks about habitat and adaptation, aquatic habitats, and the characteristics of organisms.
Chapter 10 Motion and Measurement of Distances: The 10th Science chapter describes measurements and their standard units, including measurement of the length of both curved and straight lines. The chapter also discusses motion and its kinds.
Chapter 11 Light, Shadow, and Reflection: You will first learn about transparent, translucent, and opaque objects in this chapter. This chapter also covers the ideas of shadows, pinhole cameras, mirrors, and reflections.
Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits: This chapter covers Electric cell, electric cell-connected bulb, electric circuit, electric switches, as well as electrical conductors and insulators.
Chapter 13 Fun with Magnets: This chapter is interesting because it tells how magnets were found and how you can make your own. This chapter also discusses magnet poles, identifying direction, and the repulsion and attraction between magnets.
Chapter 14 Water: Where do we get water from? How much water is utilized? What causes clouds to form? What if there is heavy rain? How can water be conserved? What occurs if it does not rain for an extended period of time? This chapter addresses these topics and covers concepts such as the water cycle and plant water loss. When you read this chapter, you will get knowledge about air and its composition. You will also study how oxygen becomes available to creatures living in solids and water, as well as how the atmosphere’s oxygen is replaced.
Class 6 Science Chapter 15 Air Around Us
This chapter discusses the various compositions of the air that surrounds us. This chapter begins with the question, “Is air always present around us?” This chapter contains numerous activities that discuss ed vacuum.
Chapter 16 Garbage In, Garbage Out: This chapter covers the following topics: dealing with garbage, vermicomposting, garbage disposal, paper recycling, and plastics.
Key features of NCERT Solutions for Class 6
Here are a few advantages of referring to Utopper’s NCERT Solutions:
- These solutions are grade-appropriate and use easily-understood language so that children can comprehend them without difficulty.
- These solutions have been produced by the nation’s leading specialists, allowing you to study from highly qualified instructors with minimal effort.
- All solutions are crafted with the most recent recommendations in mind.
- The PDF will serve as a one-stop shop for all of your educational needs.
- It will assist you in establishing a solid basis for higher study.
- You will receive practice tests to evaluate your knowledge and learning.
- These solutions have been created by a group of Utopper specialists who have taken into account the grade level of the pupils. Students should not worry about the accuracy of the solutions because they will receive the most accurate responses to the problems.
- If students practice these solutions beforehand, they will be able to complete the curriculum well ahead of schedule. In addition, the Class 6 All Subject Question Answer PDF will assist students to have a deeper understanding of questions that may be asked in final exams.
Other Related Study Material for Class 6 :
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science
- Chapter 1: Food Where Does It Come From
- Chapter 2: Components of Food
- Chapter 3: Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4: Sorting Material Into Groups
- Chapter 5: Separation Of Substances
- Chapter 6: Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7: Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8: Body Movements
- Chapter 9: The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
- Chapter 10: Motion and Measurement of Distances
- Chapter 11: Light Shadows and Reflection
- Chapter 12: Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13: Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14: Water
- Chapter 15: Air Around Us
- Chapter 16: Garbage In Garbage Out
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11
Q.1 What do you Understand by Light Shadow and Reflection?
When light hits something, some of that light starts to bounce back. This amount of light that is reflected back to our eyes is how we see things. Sun is a great example of an object that gives off light (produces light).
Q.2 Which Property of Light is Responsible for a Shadow?
When light hits a wall or other obstacle, it usually bounces back. Light can’t get to that shielded place because it is in the shadows. We can see the shadow because light is everywhere except where it is blocked.
Q.3 Write the difference between shadow and image.
When rays of light that have been reflected meet, they make an image. A shadow is made when light can’t reach behind an object. When light rays from the image reach the observer’s eyes, the image can be seen. For the shadow, however, the observer’s eyes don’t get any light. Images can be straight or upside down, and they tell us things like colour, structure, etc. Shadow is never the other way around, and it doesn’t tell you anything about colour or structure.
Q.4 How many chapters are there in NCERT Class 6 Science textbook?
There are 16 chapters in Class 6 Science as a whole. The Class 6 science class covers important topics like food, fibres and fabrics, electricity, air, and water. These topics are very important and are the foundation for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Students will find it easier to understand the subject in higher grades if they learn and understand the basic ideas in the early grades.
Here is a list of the chapters in Class 6 Science:
Chapter 1 Food Where Does It Come From
Chapter 2 Components of Food
Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric
Chapter 4 Sorting Materials Into Groups
Chapter 5 Separation of Substances
Chapter 6 Changes Around Us
Chapter 7 Getting to Know Plants
Chapter 8 Body Movements
Chapter 9 The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
Chapter 10 Motion and Measurement of Distances
Chapter 11 Light Shadows and Reflection
Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits
Chapter 13 Fun with Magnets
Chapter 14 Water
Chapter 15 Air Around Us
Chapter 16 Garbage In Garbage Out
Q.5 How are Class 6 NCERT Solutions helpful for CBSE Board Exams?
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 provide a big number of questions for frequent practice. This makes it easy for pupils to complete all exam questions on time and develops their time management abilities.
The short-answer and multiple-choice questions keep pupils occupied with problem solving during the whole school year. By doing so, students will be able to identify the exam-relevant topics and spend more time practicing them in order to achieve a perfect score of 100 out of 100. They constitute the most trustworthy study materials for their final exams.