M.Com FULL FORM: What is M.Com and its Career Prospects?
M.Com FULL FORM – If you are interested in commerce, then you might have heard the term M Com. M.Com is a postgraduate degree in commerce that provides advanced knowledge and skills in various fields of commerce. In this article, we will discuss the full form of M.Com, its curriculum, and the career prospects after completing M.Com.
Read Our Other Full Forms
Commerce is one of the most popular fields of study for students who want to work in business. M.Com is a postgraduate course that is meant to help students improve their knowledge and skills in different areas of business. In this article, we’ll talk about what M Com stands for, what it teaches, and what kinds of jobs you can get with a M Com.
What is M.Com?
M Com stands for Master of Commerce. It is a postgraduate course that provides advanced knowledge and skills in various fields of commerce. The course curriculum of M Com includes subjects like accounting, economics, finance, business management, and taxation. The duration of the course is two years, and it is divided into four semesters.
The curriculum of M.Com is designed to provide advanced knowledge and skills in various fields of commerce. The course includes subjects like:
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Law
- Banking and Finance
Eligibility Criteria for M.Com
The eligibility criteria for M.Com vary from college to college. However, the basic eligibility criteria for M Com are:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or a related field from a recognized university.
- The minimum percentage required for admission varies from college to college.
M.Com Admission Process
The admission process for M.Com varies from college to college. However, the basic admission process for M.Com is:
- Entrance Exam: Many colleges conduct entrance exams for admission to M Com.
- Merit-Based: Some colleges provide admission based on the candidate’s performance in the Bachelor’s degree.
Top M.Com Colleges in India
Here is a list of top M.Com colleges in India:
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Hindu College, Delhi
Career Prospects after M.Com
M Com offers various career opportunities in the corporate world. After completing M.Com, students can opt for various job profiles like:
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Marketing Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Tax Consultant
Job Profiles after M.Com
Let’s discuss some of the popular job profiles after M.Com in detail:
An accountant is responsible for maintaining financial records and preparing financial reports. The job profile of an accountant includes:
- Preparing financial statements
- Maintaining financial records
- Auditing financial reports
- Analyzing financial data
- Managing financial operations
A financial analyst is responsible for analyzing financial data and providing financial advice to clients.
The job profile of a financial analyst includes:
- Analyzing financial data
- Preparing financial reports
- Providing financial advice to clients
- Identifying investment opportunities
- Monitoring financial performance
An investment banker is responsible for providing financial services to clients, including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, and securities trading. The job profile of an investment banker includes:
- Advising clients on financial strategies
- Managing financial transactions
- Analyzing market trends
- Researching and identifying investment opportunities
A marketing manager is responsible for managing the marketing activities of an organization. The job profile of a marketing manager includes:
- Developing marketing strategies
- Creating marketing campaigns
- Managing marketing budgets
- Analyzing market trends
- Conducting market research
Human Resource Manager
A human resource manager is responsible for managing the human resources of an organization. The job profile of a human resource manager includes:
- Recruiting and hiring employees
- Managing employee benefits
- Creating employee policies and procedures
- Conducting employee training
- Handling employee relations
A tax consultant is responsible for providing tax-related advice to clients. The job profile of a tax consultant includes:
- Preparing tax returns
- Identifying tax-saving opportunities
- Providing tax-related advice to clients
- Monitoring changes in tax laws and regulations
- Assisting clients in resolving tax-related issues
Salary after M.Com
The salary after M.Com varies from job profile to job profile. However, on average, the salary after M.Com ranges from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs per annum.
M.Com vs MBA
MBA and M.Com are often confused among students. Despite the fact that both courses deal with commerce, they differ in some ways. A postgraduate degree in commerce called a M Com offers advanced knowledge and skills in a number of commercial disciplines. The MBA, on the other hand, is a postgraduate degree in business administration that offers expertise in a variety of business areas. While M Com is a more specialized course that concentrates on commerce, MBA is a more all-encompassing course that covers all facets of business.
Scope of M.Com in India
The scope of M.Com in India is quite promising. With the growth of the corporate sector in India, the demand for commerce professionals has increased. After completing M Com, students can opt for various job profiles in the corporate world. Additionally, M Com also provides a strong foundation for students who wish to pursue a career in academia.
M.Com is a postgraduate course in commerce that provides advanced knowledge and skills in various fields of commerce. After completing M Com, students can opt for various job profiles in the corporate world, including accountant, financial analyst, investment banker, marketing manager, human resource manager, and tax consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What is the full form of M Com?
The full form of M Com is Master of Commerce.
Q.2 What is the duration of M Com?
The duration of M Com is two years.
Q.3 What is the eligibility criteria for M Com?
The basic eligibility criteria for M Com is a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or a related field from a recognized university.
Q.4 What are the career prospects after M Com?
After completing M Com, students can opt for various job profiles in the corporate world, including accountant, financial analyst, investment banker, marketing manager, human resource manager, and tax consultant.
Q.5 What is the salary after M Com?
The salary after M Com varies from job profile to job profile. However, on average, the salary after M Com ranges from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs per annum.